The Harding Museum is located on the corner of Park Avenue and Elm Street in the Mackinaw Historical District, west of the Great Miami River in Franklin, Ohio. The house was built by Clarence Harding, Vice-President of the Harding Paper Mills, in 1901 for a cost of $9,000.
The museum's summer exhibit will open on June 18 and be open on Fridays, 10 to 3, and Saturdays, 11 to 3.
Log Post Office
The Franklin post office was established on April 1, 1805 when President Thomas Jefferson appointed John N. C. Schenck postmaster for the City and Township of Franklin, Ohio. It was in his store at 310 S. Front (River) Street. This was a major trading post between Hamilton and Dayton.
The Franklin High School Honors History Class has created a virtual museum of Franklin-area history.